Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Visual Objects

Please use this forum to post questions about Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ADOSERVER strange error on Append: nFieldPosition Invalid or Missing 06 Dec 2021 00:51 #20695

• jjgregg
  • Topic Author

• I´ve been going through some corruption of sorts using VO2ADO, VO 2.8 sp4b, with
    Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

RETURN SELF

This makes VO2ADO unusable at this point, ADOSERVERs failed selectively, some fail, otthers operate normallly, I can't get a handle on what is going on. HELP

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jjgregg. Reason: Add error message

ADOSERVER strange error on Append: nFieldPosition Invalid or Missing 06 Dec 2021 08:26 #20697

• robert

• John.
    To help solve this we need:
    - a reproducible example
    - the table description (create table statement) + some data for your sql table

We already communicated about this by mail. You told me the problem started after you had to reinstall your software because your machine died.
    It must be something in your configurations, but we can only help you find that problem if you provide us with the necessary information.

Robert
    XSharp Development Team
    The Netherlands

ADOSERVER strange error on Append: nFieldPosition Invalid or Missing 06 Dec 2021 09:45 #20700

• lumberjack

• Did a quick search on your message and there is nowhere in your code a nFieldPosition variable. I think you looking at the wrong place for the error. Do you have a nFieldPosition column in your table? It seems from the error message you trying to do just that.

HTH

ADOSERVER strange error on Append: nFieldPosition Invalid or Missing 06 Dec 2021 12:57 #20701

• robert

• Johan, John,

I suspect that the 'painted' definition of the form that this code is from has
    one or more field names that do not exist in the table anymore.
    Therefore the line
    nPos := SELF:FieldPos( aFieldDesc[DBC_NAME] )
    assigns a value of 0 to nPos
    causing the next line
    SELF:SetDataField( nPos,DataField{aFieldDesc[DBC_SYMBOL],aFieldDesc[DBC_FIELDSPEC]} )
    to fail.

nFieldPosition is the parameter name inside the SetDataField method.

That is exactly why I asked John a sample and the database definition.

Robert
    XSharp Development Team
    The Netherlands

ADOSERVER strange error on Append: nFieldPosition Invalid or Missing 06 Dec 2021 13:12 #20702

• jjgregg
    • Topic Author

• Thanks for your reply Robert, the only data field on this table is the TIMESTAMP which is a field that continuously gives me problems because it is automatically updated so it has to be ignored by the application I guess, I am removing the field from the ADOSERVER field listing to see if that helps.

Regards,
    John

ADOSERVER strange error on Append: nFieldPosition Invalid or Missing 06 Dec 2021 13:40 #20703

• robert

• John,

The term "datafield" has nothing to do with the Date, DateTime or TImeStamp type.
    DataField is a class inside the VO Classes that is used to bind a field in a table to a FieldSpec

Robert
    XSharp Development Team
    The Netherlands

ADOSERVER strange error on Append: nFieldPosition Invalid or Missing 06 Dec 2021 13:57 #20704

• jjgregg
    • Topic Author

• The server name message is generated when one tries to instantiate the adoserver but only occurs on the first server, strange but it prevents the program from executing and I am really in trouble here... need to have this working ASAP. Thanks.

ADOSERVER strange error on Append: nFieldPosition Invalid or Missing 06 Dec 2021 14:08 #20706

• robert

• John,

I have said this before and this the last time I am saying it: you need to give us more information.

The error message in the BillingTransactions:Init seems to indicate that at the time you created this class there was at least one field name (the field names are stored in the FieldDesc access) that no longer exists in the table at this moment.
    As a result the assigment to nPos results in a value of 0, which causes the next line (SELF:SetDataField...) to fail.

Sorry for saying this, but I don't understand why you are so stubborn and refuse to show the data that we need to help you ?
    - The SQL table definition
    - The complete source code of the BillingTransactions class

Images of error messages are really useless here.
    Until you provide us the correct info there is not much that we can do.

Robert
    XSharp Development Team
    The Netherlands

• Page: